Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Finding God in All Things

 

Finding God in all things is at the core of Ignatian Spirituality.  It means God can be found in every one, in every place and in everything. We then become more grateful to God and become more devoted to our Creator. God has given everything to us. God sustains everything. God is the life-giving Source. This Source enriches us with a greater awareness of God’s goodness. This is finding God in all things.

 We are all connected with God.  In our life we must experience Him in all living and non-living things. We need to take care of all He created, because He is in all things. I am in God and God is in me. Aham Brahmasmi ( I am in Brahma).

 When I find God in all things, I find inner peace, joy and comfort. We must find God in everything, then this world will be a better place.  Then, I will be able to love and serve. I will be united with everything. I need to focus on finding God more and more in my parents, siblings, teachers and friends.  I need to find Him in the poor.  I need to find Him in my classroom, when teachers teach. I shall then find God in every moment. We will have to live in harmony with all created things.

 All of us must learn to live in Him and move in Him. God is in the centre of my life. In everything I experience God’s presence. He speaks through the nature – the trees, animals, insects, water, earth, the sky and the air. Therefore, everything is sacred in the creation.

 I need to find everything that makes me feel free in God’s presence. God sees me. God is there – in me, over me – everywhere. When I am guided by this good sense of God, I feel I belong to God. We shall then walk with God, hold His hand and feel secure.  God will never leave me.  When I trust God, He will answer my prayers. I journey with Him. I shall share this love with all my friends, teachers and classmates.  I must share what I have just as God shares with me. Just as God finds me, I shall also find Him everywhere.  

 I have to be aware of God’s presence with me, in my family and in our society. I must share God’s goodness and love. God allows every event to happen. We must learn from each event - what God wants us to do. Everything belongs to God. They are God’s gifts to me. I must use them for God’s glory. God is the Creator and we are His creatures. Everything we go through is for our good. We have to trust in His will.

We need to find His presence in every circumstance. God is with us when we seek His will.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

AN OPEN LETTER TO SMT. MAMATA BANERJEE The Chief Minister, cum the Health and Police Minister of W. Bengal

Smt. Mamata,   In an earlier open letter, I congratulated you for taking oath for the past consecutive terms as the Chief Minister of B...